Health Benefits of Vajrasana
- Constipation healer: Vajrasana is a pose which helps in putting stress on the organs of our mid-body. This pose helps put necessary stress on the abdomen, stomach and intestines. This pressure helps in solving any digestive problems that may be present in our body and is beneficial for people who have constipation problems.
- Stress-reliever: Sitting upright with your knees folded helps stretch your back and leg muscles. This pose helps relieve all the stress present in your joints and muscles and can make you feel relaxed and stress-free. Take deep breaths and relax for it to have a better effect. You can actually feel your muscles getting relaxed when you do this pose. Practicing this asana on a regular basis is a must for people who face a high level of stress on a daily basis especially for those whose jobs involve a lot of stress and pressure. This asana can also help students who are going to take important exams as it calms their mind and improves their reasoning and memory.
- Disease Healer: Vajrasana is an asana which can heal many diseases . It is commonly known to heal certain diseases and cure some problems which many have deemed incurable like varicose veins, joint aches and arthritis. The effects of these disease will reduce with time if you practice this asana regularly. Vajrasana also helps in getting rid of muscle and joint related deformities and diseases. Practicing vajrasana 10 minutes after a meal can cure inflammatory bowel disease. We all know that Allopathy holds asthma an incurable disease but did you know that it can actually be reduced or even completely cured with vajrasana? It can also completely or almost completely cure problems like sciatica, slip disc, gout, diabetes. On top of this, it also acts as a kind of vaccine against diseases by strengthening the body and improving the functioning of the immune system.
- Enhances effectiveness of breathing exercises: Meditation and breathing exercises are generally performed while in the Vajrasana pose. This is because the position of the Adam’s apple during this pose helps a person breathe deeply and meditate properly. Almost every person who wants to meditate or perform any breathing exercise in the sitting position uses this pose while doing so.
- Weight loss, flexibility and body toning: Other benefits of the Vajrasana pose include weight loss as a person burns many calories while doing this asana. The body gets toned and flexibility increases if this asana is performed regularly. It helps in curing ailments like varicose veins and joint pains that commonly occur in overweight middle aged men and women.
- Makes the Blood Flow Smooth and Well-Distributed: The smooth flow of blood will automatically heal any damage to any body organ. This will also benefit the muscles and nerves present in your body and will improve the functioning of the body as a whole.
Yoga can help alleviate severe stress, with specific asana in lowering blood pressure. Arogya Yoga School as one of the best yoga teacher training in rishikesh offers natural treatments such as yoga and meditation to control high blood pressure. Here are a few asanas to help control high blood pressure:
- Helping the process of digestion: Being one of the few asanas which can be performed after ingesting food, vajrasana actually aids in digestion of the food ingested and ensures that the whole process goes smoothly. Blood travels a long distance from the bottom of our feet to our heart, approximately five feet from the ground. This means that our body has a lot of work to do. When we sit in Vajrasana, the muscles in both of our thighs will share weight because of which circulation of blood in those parts will be reduced. This reduction results in a greater proportion of blood reaching the stomach and other organs in the upper part of our body which aids digestion. By aiding digestion, vajrasana also helps prevent acidity, diarrhea, gas problems and other problems that occur due to improper digestion of food. It also helps in getting rid of constipation and stomach flus.
- Relaxation: Vajrasana induces a meditative state as it involves deep, slow and rhythmic breathing. It gives instant relaxation and calms the body and mind of the person practicing it. Most people use this asana when doing breathing exercise.when a perfoms this asana, all the pressure that may have gotten accumulated in her/his joints leaves her/ his body leaving the person feeling relaxed and full of energy.
- Reducing flatulence: Vajrasana helps reduce flatulence. It is one of the most beneficial yoga poses for gas problems and should be performed immediately after a meal for best results . Vajrasana reduses gas and aids in digestion because practicing Vajrasana exercises a stimulating, beneficial influence on the Kanda which is an important point in the body. Proper functioning of the kanda is essential for digestion.
- Enhances sexual performance: Vajrasana enhances both the sexual appetite and performance of anyone who practices it. It also helps with erectile dysfunctions in men. Vajrasana helps in strengthening the sexual organs of anybody who practices it on a regular basis. It also helps tone body muscles like the hips, thighs and the calf muscles all of which are integral for optimal sexual performance.
- Strengthens the spine : Vajrasana strengthens the spine and acts as a “vaccine” against any problems that may occur in it. As the spine is arched backwards in this asana, it removes a hunch, if any and the spine becomes flexible and elastic with regular practice of vajrasana.
It is not just enough to know about the asana, but important to learn from trained yoga teachers who can guide you do the asana correctly. At Arogya Yoga School yoga Retreat in Rishikesh, yoga has a special place as therapy and trained experts will guide you to practice disease-specific asana for natural healing. It is one of the most renowned 200 Hour yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh and offers holistic treatments to enhance total health, – mental, physical and social. Contact us to learn more about the many yoga asanas that can combat high blood pressure.